A couple of weeks ago I won a vintage dress from ebay for $6 (with $6 shipping), so a total of $12. I knew I'd have to alter the sleeves since I don't like long sleeved dresses. However I didn't know I'd have to alter it THIS much!! It was HUGE on me! But anyway, I wanted to share my before and after product:
I altered the sleeves, took in the sides, and then put a couple of pleats in the back to tighten the back area. I was feeling guilty for buying a vintage/thrift store item for $12, when I know I could get it for much cheaper elsewhere. But now i'm excited I got a project out of it as well!