Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Birchbox - October 2012

Hey everyone, it's been a LONG time since i've posted. I was out of the country for a few months but now I'm back and all resubbed to my monthly subs! I did resub to Sample Society, only two cancel again after 2 boxes (it just wasn't doing it for me at $17 a pop).

Birchbox is $10 a month - and a LOT of people got a full size Essie Polish! This month there was the option to get either a Goop (Gwneth Paltrow's brand) themed Birchbox or a regular one with a "transformation" theme. I chose the regular box...and this is what I got!

1. Viva La Juicy La Fleur perfume sample with atomizer .05 fl oz- $70 for 2.5 fl oz. So my sample is worth $1.4
2. Jour Lip Enhancer Conditioning Treatment .07 fl oz - $14 for .33 fl oz. Mine being worth a little under $3.5
3. the Balm Mary lou-manizer (highlighter) 1 gram - $24 for 8.5 grams. The sample is worth $2.82
4. Vitivia Pro:Vitamin (Vit A, C and E capsules that you open and put on your skin) 6 capsules - $55 for 28. My sample is worth $11.8
5. Protein Luna Bar - $15 for 12, so mine is $1.25

Total Value: $20.77
Paid: $10.00

My thoughts: While I did get a higher value than what I paid, half of it came from the vitamins, which to be quite honest seem like a waste. I have a B.S. in Nutrition and the only vitamin that actually works on the skin is E, which I got 2 of. I am not interested in the lip product, but I'll try it. And the Balm sample is too small to even get my blush and contour brush into. 

I'm pretty disappointed with this box, but as long as the value remains higher than what I pay I'll stick with it. It can be hit or miss, but nevertheless it's always fun to get a surprise in the mail and try out new things each month before investing a ton of money into them. For this reason I'm excited to try out the perfume and highlighter since these are things I normally splurge on if I like them enough.



3 comments:

  1. I cancelled my sub last month, as I just didn't feel I was getting the value out of BB that I was my other subs.


    That said, I looove Mary Lou-manizer, and you only need a little to get a glow so that little sample should still last for a while. :)

    One thing I do NOT miss about BB: all of those stupid nasty luna and lara bars. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten mine yet. Though i did peek at it online. I'm pretty excited as long as my sample size is decent. Sorry you were so bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised they are still sending that Jouer lip sample out... I think I got it 7 or 8 months ago LOL.

    ReplyDelete