Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Project Pan Update

Alright, I'm back with an update on my Project Pan. I've been on an extreme low buy, and a NO buy of cosmetics of skincare products! I had originally planned on buying myself an item after I had finished 10 products (including samples), but now i'm realizing how much I really have! I need to save money and decrease my stash! So this is what I have finished in the last two months.



1. Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel. I got this as a free sample from the company (I signed up through their site awhile back). This wasn't my favorite, it's unscented (and one of my favorite thing about products are the scents) and didn't foam very well. It'd be great for sensitive skin but I didn't have a need for it. I also don't break out so I've never actually NEEDED face wash, just some warm water. I ended up using half of this product to clean my makeup brushes instead.
2. Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz-Free Hair Cream. I really liked this product. It smells like coconut and I noticed a difference if I used it before straightening my hair. I'm not sure how much better it works than other similar products but I would buy this again if it was on sale.
3. Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter. I really didn't like anything about this. I got it in my January Ipsy and it smelled like a synthetic strawberry banana smoothie. It also didn't do anything for me moisture-wise. I have dry skin and this didn't make the cut.

 4. L'Occitane Almond Oil Shower Oil. This is the first time i've tried a shower oil. It wasn't bad but I didn't like the smell, it wasn't almond...it was more aromatherapy. And I prefer fruity body products.
5. KTO Kelly Teagarden Organics Rose and Cucumber Eye Cream. I didn't finish this, I barely used any at all in the year I owned it. It didn't absorb into my skin and just sat on top of it and I had to blot away excess cream.
6. DermaE Anti Aging Eye Cream. i didn't finish this either. I had it for a year and it just would NOT ever end. I never did like the smell (smells like some kind of weird plastic) and since it has been a year I decided to toss it. I read somewhere that you shouldn't have eye cream for longer than 6 months.

 7. ELF Cream eyeliner in midnight. I didn't even get to USE this. It completely dried up just sitting in it's case. Which is weird because the silver one I bought at the same time is just fine.
8. Stila Smudge Stick in Purple Tang. I LOVE smudge sticks. They're my HG liners. Unfortunately I got this in a trade and the case was cracked. So I used it two times before the whole think dried out :(. I do love the pencil though and will find another one to replace it eventually.
9. The Balm What's Your Type? Black Mascara. I loved this mascara, unfortunately after 3 months of using it it started irritating my eyes. Usually I can get a good 6 months use out of mascara but this one just wouldn't have it.


10. CVS makeup wipes. These were good, and a good price. I'd buy them again.
11. 5 Perfume samples. I liked Juicy La Fluer but wouldn't buy it. I didn't like Coach...it smelled like rose. and Escada was way too sweet. The two Cartier Vole's I used as room sprays since they weren't my style.



That's all for now! hopefully I'll be back in another month with more empties!

No comments:

Post a Comment