Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

T.J. Maxx Haul! TheBalm Value Set and Kate Spade's Twirl Review

This weekend my mom came to visit me in Austin, and since I haven't lived here for long (nor do I have a car) we decided to take advantage of the city and SHOP!

I got a few clothing items (a top and some fashion tights) but what i'm most excited about our my beauty purchases.

I got a set (including a cute clear makeup bag) from TheBalm for $9.99:




Hot Mama Blush/Shadow = Retails at $19
Bahama Mama Bronzer = $19
Tinted Plump Lipgloss in Pink my Lemonade = $15
Value of set = $53
My Price = $9.99

So far I really like the blush, but I don't know if i'll actually use the bronzer or the lip gloss, I may trade these on makeuptalk.com.  But for $10 that still half the price of the blush!

I also got a fragrance set of Kate Spade's Twirl for $34.95

 This comes with:
3.5oz Shower Gel
3.5oz Body Lotion
1.7oz EDP 

I'm not sure what this values at, but the perfume alone retails from $58-68!! So I paid half of this for the whole set!

I really went on a limb with this purchase since I had never smelled it before, but I'll just say that I LOVE it. It's the perfect fruity perfume for me, I feel that it's great for those that are in their mid/late since it's still fun and youthful but doesn't smell like a high schooler. It also lasts ALL day even with one spritz.

5 comments:

  1. Im so jealous! Every time I got to one of these discount stores I look for thebalm products but nothing. And twirl for $35!! That is a major steal! What a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a steal for those The Balm products they are such good quality! I love hot mama its' my go to blush.

    -Ash
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got that blush at my T.J. Maxx in a different set. I used it today for the first time and it's beautiful! I am so jealous of your Twirl set! I love that scent. Might have to make another trip to my store and see if I missed it. Nice deals for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh lovely interesting read! :D

    wishuponasmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I work at TJMaxx and never even thought to buy makeup there! haha I will definitely be doing so now! Great post:)

    http://misssjewel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete