Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Revlon Color Stay Lip Colors

I bought these lip colors about 2 months ago from CVS. They all ended up being around the same color however...which is probably why they were the only ones that were 75% off! But either way I decided I should do a review of them.

In the order they appear in the above pictures above:
1. ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze in Perpetual Plum
2. ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze in Forever Raisin 
3. ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Maximum Mocha

The ColorStay Ultimate definitely lives up to it's name, I made the mistake of putting it on first when I was trying them out and actually had to scrub it off with a toothbrush (ouch!) The problem with this one however, is that it's extremely liquidy at first and gets all over your teeth (or at least mine). But once you let it dry, or matte it down, it stays on all day. The other issue I have is that it's extremely sticky, and that feeling that doesn't really go away. The color is a nice purple/red with gold undertones. Grade: C-

The Mineral Lipglazes don't stay on as long, and they actually rub off on mugs/glasses as well. But they are a lot more moisturizing and aren't liquidy. They have the consistency of regular lip colors. The colors are so similar, but the raisin is definitely more red than the other. Grade: B

You may not be able to notice the difference in these pictures, which is mostly my camera's fault, but also the fact that they are extremely similar colors with subtle differences. Take note that in the Ultimate one, you can see how it became sticky and actually sunk into my lips. They didn't smooth out my lips at all.
ColorStay Ultimate Perpetual Plum

ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze Maximum Mocha

ColorStay Mineral LIpglazeForever Raisin

2 comments:

  1. Pretty colors! I love Revlon lip products but I've never tried these...I'll have to check them out! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really pretty. I have never tried this product from revlon. Great blog by the way.
    My Blog:
    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete